building a data culture
- Dashboard Education
- Data Education to teach the UX team how to use the dashboards I created, aligned with existing workflows
- “Data Snacks”
- Weekly 5-minute tips on how to incorporate the dashboards into daily work
- “Later” Instagram Meetings
- Monthly 1:1s to analyze performance using the Instagram tracking tool, Later.
education & mentorship
- “Acronym Academy”
- Demystify the alphabet soup of acronyms we use daily.
- Trans Folks Drawing Challenge
- Facilitated a challenge to create more diversity in our imagery.
- Guest Lecturer at MICA
- Design Thinking
- Using data as a designer
- Working with non-profits
- “How to get the most out of your relationship with UX”
- Presentation to All Hands at Health Union
- “How to be a Strategic Partner”
- Presentation to UX team on how to communicate clearly and create respect through actions
- Wellness Education
- Supplied Mental Health Month resources for personal and professional use by the UX team.
- Regular 1:1 meetings to create fluid communication lines and trust.
- Diligent reporting to Leadership on progress of projects and goals for the department.
- Track progress quarterly on personal and DR goals
- Use project management software diligently to keep multiple complex projects on track
- Always keep a record of all meetings
- Keep a record of next steps and responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders so feedback to individual contributors is coherent and succinct
Always curious about the world and how we fit in it, I love to keep up to date on news that affects the world of art, design, data and marketing. I take on the role of librarian, making sure information is collected and stored in ways everyone can access. I also love to facilitate group conversations about hot topics in the design and tech world.
Leading with data culture, solid mentorship, and emphasis on process.
As a leader, my top priority is to support my team by creating a data culture, taking process seriously, constant education and empathetic mentorship. With these pillars in place, my team can create their best work and stay engaged. I bolster this by letting honest feedback flow in both directions. My aim is to empower my team, have fun, and hold safe spaces for creativity to flourish.